7.21.2010

On Charice Pempengco

07.22.2010 

For the past 12 or 14 months Charice have been a household name among my friends, office mates and even my family. I can't really understand why she had become a sensation, alright given that she has a lovely, killer, "great" voice but i can't chip in or help myself to like her. My first encounter with her name was when I'm traveling with my family, along the way, Charice name was mentioned, for me its not an interesting topic so i didn't bother and basically because i don't know her. After several encounter I've notice that a lot of people know her and even "worship" her. From my last note when the news broke out and announced that she will be in Glee (US TV series) a lot of praises, criticisms went out. One time i've commented out one of my friend's status in her social network account, the status  talks about Charice going on Glee and her praises to her (Charice), from what i remember this was my comment:
*-*

AF: sorry not fan of her, :p
JG: AF i think you have commented on the wrong post, i'm a fan
AF: ok i'll shut my mouth out, :D

That ends our conversation about Charice.

On the contrary i accidentally hear her Pyramid, it was like ah, so this is why they like her, but that's just it, i'm still no fan.

Today, as i was heading for work, luckily there's LIBRE newspaper, a MRT commuters complimentary newspaper, and there it was in the page 2 of the newspaper, it was written like this: (Reference: Inquirer Libre)

Pa-botox ni Charice usap-usapan sa Net

Lumikha ng ingay sa Internet ang dalagang singing sensation na si Charice Pempengco matapos siyang sumailalim sa cosmetic surgery upang mapaganda ang kanyang itsura bilang paghahanda sa paglabas niya sa palatuntunang Glee sa US.
Nagpatutok ng botox at nagpagawa ng minor surgery ang 18-taong gulang na dalaga upang mapanipis ang bilugan niyang mukha. Ang procedure ay lumabas sa telebisyon.
Binaha ng reaksyon ang  website ng mang-aawit, ang www.charicemania.com, at marami ang nangamba na maaaring napi-pressure siya upang baguhin ang hitsura niya.
"At a very early age, she was made to feel inadequate and was told to time and time again that, although she had a killer voice, she did not possess the looks to make it as a 'star'," anang tagahanga na si Marie. "I can't even begin to imagine what that did to this child's self-esteem." PC, AFP

After reading this article it reminds me of the movie 200 Pounds Beauty, a korean film, but merely because of the cosmetic surgery and the heroine which possesses a killer voice but have a not so flattering looks. Also the Diva, a Philippine TV series, which also covers cosmetic surgery and  a herione which also possess killer voice and have a not so 'star look'. 

Anyways i think that's life works when you're a celebrity.*wink*

Reference: Inquirer Libre on the (Article posted above)

No comments:

Post a Comment