7.26.2010

It Started with a...

07.23.2010

I can't really remember when did i start liking it. Back in my student days i remember my classmates talking about "Sassy Girl", "Windstruck", Winter Sonata, Stairway to Heaven and others. But this movies / tv series was not that appealing to me even if one of my guy friend keep talking about this movie (Sassy Girl) he watch to the extremity because he relay the movie in a detailed way as if he's one of the promotional team of the movie. Then again like i've said it doesn't catch my attention like Pirates of the Caribbean (movie) / Encantadia (tv series) / Hollywood Dreams (reality show?) did. 

On the latter part of this past few years its been a trendy style for tv networks to dub this "famous" Korean series. Although i'll admit that some of it was worth watching except for melodramas that ends with a dying heroine because of terminal illnesses (*sick*). Now i must say that Korean series wasn't my cup of tea back then because melodramas were out of my league, on a harsher word "i can't stand it". Then afterwards they introduces new series of much lighter mode,  My Sassy Girl Chunyang, Fullhouse, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, these rom-com genre catches my attention mainly because it was somehow amazing how the comedy is incorporated and i'm able to see actors that wasn't so keen on how they look in portraying the comedy part (merely on looks). I should say i'm loving it, after rom-com they introduced saeguk series (Jewel in the Palace, Jumong, Legend, Queen Seon Deok) for me, this connotes a grand history of the country (Korea) the series' left a great impression because i'm so much of history, not that this series is factual. To this point, realizing on how much i'm hooked? Be it History, Food, Soju, Music, Dramas, Fun subbing and others, i may say BLAME it to You're Beautiful, Kim Nam Gil, Jang Geun Seuk, Lee Seung Gi, "Jeremy" and Shim Eun-kung.

List of k-drama I've watched and what i think of them.

My Sassy Girl Chunyang - my "Marvin" outshines them all
Fullhouse - who won't remember "Papa Bear" "Mama Bear" "Baby Bear" and the "birdbrain"?
My Name is Kim Sam Soon - Sam Soon and Cyrus knocks it off, i love the piggyback and the pig stuff toy
Jewel in the Palace - an extraordinaire, talented and a smart Jang Geum, plus Madam Han 
Fated To Love You - i loved Joe Chen period (not sure if this is Korean)
Jumong - great conflict plus the not so ordinary Sayong -? relationship and of course Jumong itself (hahaha)
Coffee Prince - this make me think of my coffee addiction plus cross dressing plus the kiss scene (laugh out loud)
Bad Love - bad enough but manage to watch portion of it
You're Beautiful - what i can say about it?, this series turns my life upside down, i can't create bad impression, critics about it, love it to the bone, it makes me giggle at the  end of every episode, Hwang Tae Kyung, Minam, Shin Woo, Jeremy was all great here, the pig chase, HTK's facial expression, fashion was superb, Jeremy's cuteness and kissable lips (:-*), and Shin Woo's coolness, towel guy, in short i love the show dot dot dot
Queen Seon Deok - manage to watch this saeguk drama when they introduce Bidam all praises to him plus the lovely Mishil
Beethoven Virus - i can say that the it was OK, the conductor's (Kang Gun Woo) acting was great.
Do re mi fa sol - not much to say, but i love the plot, plus the cute JGS
Baby and I - lovely plot worth watching, the seen where he snatched just to buy the baby milk, the scene was a winner to me
Hong Gil Dong - not fun of it, i've watched some part plus the ending, i like JGS make-up and looks here
Hwang Jini - watched first episode, not much to tell
Hana Yori Dango (JDorama) - loved the adaptation, Rui, Makino and Tsukasa made the viewing much more exciting
Boys Over Flowers - I've watched it because i was pressured (hehehe) and curious why it was so popular. Did watched the first episode then fast forward it just to see Yi Jung and Ga Eul. Not totally hooked with it. It was the same encounter when i watched Meteor Garden all i wanna see was Ximen and San Chai's friend.
Personal Taste - watched first two episode then stop, feel bored with it
Shining Inheritance - love HuWan, from bad boy to boyish type of guy, love the scene when they were in the cave. My sweet HuWan.
Biscuit Teacher and Sugar Candy - not much to tell because I've watched bits of it
200 Pounds Beauty - great voice, "Maria" is such a good music, plus a lovely plot (not in the depth side),
Bad Guy - i love this revenge series plus Kim Nam Gil is there, the actors are great, Shim Gun Wook just won my heart, Woo-in is adorable and cute

If you weigh in the series of dramas and movies listed above i still consider myself on the average viewer. But i should say that in those series' few stands out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment